Thursday, July 22, 2010

Real Magic

I don't claim to be psychic. I don't claim to have super natural powers, and we all know that there is no such thing as real magic. A magician simply fuses sleight of hand, psychology, suggestion, hypnosis, misdirection and showmanship. All "tricks" done are a combination of all those techniques.
But for me the closest to real magic anyone can get is through over whelming spectator response. I was recently performing Magic for some people, I had given out a deck of cards to shuffle and I tried to memorize the position of each and every card inside the deck...in less than 20 seconds! The next moment I was naming each and every card as a 34 year old woman turned those cards over. And I got the trick bang on..not a single mistake. The next moment the woman came up to me, with small drops of tears in her eyes and said to me "Wow! That's the most astounding thing I have ever seen in my life!"
That to me was Real Magic, for the first time I felt that I had done an amazing job, touching the spectator on an emotional level is one of the toughest things to do, and I managed to do that, and that to any magician has to be the True Art of Astonishment, that is Real Magic...
Loading...