Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Avada Kedavara!

Lumos.
I solemnly swear that I'm up to no good.
"You're a Wizard Harry!"
"I'm a what?"
Those were the first words I heard on a trailer of the first Harry Potter movie. And I decided to start reading the books at the age of 12. And it took me to a whole different world. As a magician, Harry Potter is like what a cheesy magician hopes to be like, flying on brooms and levitating stuff. Even though I don't do "magic" like that, Harry Potter's world had a magic of it's own... worldwide! Waiting in queues with kids who had never ever seen sunrise in their lives mainly because they never woke up before noon, yet were there in queues to get the latest Harry Potter book at five thirty in the morning or fighting to get tickets for the movie's first screening. A thrill like that would never be felt for ages to come.
Being lucky enough to grow up with the boy wizard, I developed certain things of my own brand of magic which were based around Harry Potter. For example, for the build up for the last installment of films, I decided to memorize the last book. (video attached)
I don't want get into how I did that because clearly this isn't the moment. It's the end of an era. It's the end of a worldwide phenomenon (enjoy it in 3D as the trailers say), it's the end of my childhood and that of millions of other people my age who grew up with the boy wizard. "The Boy Who Lived has come to die" but the Boy Who Lived will live forever. 
Avada Kedavara to the world of Harry Potter, may it inspire, excite and make the world of people yet to be born as awesome as it made mine.
Mischief Managed.
Nox.
Loading...